Snow & Ice Report
Averages Per Season
- Times out - 19
- Salt usage (December 2005 to April 2013) - 2,215 tons
- Average route - 9.2 miles
- Average miles traveled to make one run - 26 miles
|Year||Times Out||Salt Used (In tons)|
In the past eight years, 113 tons of salt average use per event were used. The highest usage in the last 20 years was 3,800 tons.
How long does it take to plow roads in Springfield Township?
- Salt - 3 hours
- Quick plow - 6 to 7 hours (Plow in, plow out)
- Complete plow - 12 hours (Curb to curb and intersections requiring multiple passes with the plow)
We have about 275 cul-de-sacs in the township. To perform a complete clean up would average about 10 minutes per cul-de-sac. That equals 2,750 minutes or additional 46 hours of work (over 4.5 hours additional per route).