Michael Hinnenkamp began his service as the Township Administrator for Springfield Township in 1995. Overall, Mr. Hinnenkamp has twenty-eight years of local government experience which includes service for three diverse jurisdictions in progressive executive leadership positions and has been certified by the International City/County Manager’s Association (ICMA) as a Credentialed Manager since 2004.
As the Full-Time Township Administrator, Mr. Hinnenkamp is appointed by the Board of Trustees as the Chief Administrative Officer of the Township with overall responsibility for the day-to-day operations of all Township functions. He directs and coordinates the overall activities and provides direct supervision of all Township department heads and administrative staff, including: Police, Fire/EMS, Public Works, Development Services, Recreation, and Senior/ Community Services. Mr. Hinnenkamp is responsible for coordinating the annual Township budget process and presenting to the Board of Trustees for approval.
Mr. Hinnenkamp has both a Masters Degree in Public Administration and a Bachelor Degree in Urban Planning from the University of Cincinnati. He currently serves, has past service, or membership on the following Boards and organizations:
• Chairperson, Ohio Plan Inc.
• Board of Director, Ohio Government Risk Management Plan
• Corporate Member: International City/County Management
Association; 2004 Conference Planning Committee; Task Force on Graduate Education for the Profession
• Full Corporate Member; Ohio City/County Managers Association
• Past Chair, Government and Civic Engagement Committee, Leadership Cincinnati Alumni Board
• Member, Class XIX; Leadership Cincinnati – Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber of Commerce
• Past Chair; Greater Cincinnati Local Government Management Association
• Past President; Center for Local Government
• Past Treasurer; First Suburbs Consortium of Southwest Ohio
• Past Board of Trustee Member; Hamilton County Development Corporation.
Feel free to contact the Township Administrator with any questions or concerns.