Trash and Recycling Services
Trustees of Springfield Township were interested in finding out if residents could save money on their waste hauler/ recycling bills by aggregating this service through a single contractor. The communities of Colerain Township and Ross Township joined in the bid, effectively aggregating approximately 40,000 households to garner favorable pricing. Three waste hauling companies bid for the services with the specs outlined by the three participating communities.
Springfield Township trustees held three public meetings to engage residents in the decision and fielded questions regarding the proposed program. After receiving support from the general public, the bid with Rumpke was accepted in August 2015. The Township-wide trash and recycling service is expected to begin the week of April 1, 2016.
While an aggregated plan prevents households from selecting their own waste hauler, benefits include a reduced cost in monthly waste bills, an anticipated 20% increase in the Township’s recycling rate and greater restrictions over surcharges and fees charged by haulers. Under the new program, Rumpke will provide a 65-gallon wheeled recycle cart to all Springfield Township residents at no cost.
Residents will receive three mailers in advance of the service announcing the options and details of the improved service. A fact sheet has also be created to answer resident questions.
• Letter to Residents
• Service Selection Letter
• Legal Authority To Enter Into Trash/Recycle Contract
• View slides which explain the bid proposal request
• View the bid specs
• View Bid Tabulations
• View the benefits of recycling, provided by Hamilton County Solid Waste and Recycling
• View presentation slides with details of the accepted Rumpke contract (presented at public hearings) *Includes pricing and services
• View article posted Aug. 24th announcing the new program
- Do I have a choice for a service provider?
- Do I have to sign-up for trash service?
- What if I live in a Condo and currently pay for trash service through my HOA?
- What if I live in a trailer or mobile home park?
- How much is service and what does it include?
- If I sign-up for limited service and I have more trash than what my cart can hold, how do I dispose of it?
- Is there a cost to recycle?
- Do I have to recycle?
- What can be recycled?
- Can I mix all the recyclables together?
10795 Hughes Road
Cincinnati, Ohio 45251