Use of Athletic Fields
Springfield Township will grant field requests in a manner which accommodates the most requests, which promotes the efficient use of the fields, and, if possible, gives priority to organizations which have a history of playing on certain fields. After the initial application is approved, authorized athletic coaches can submit their games online. Instructions will be provided for online scheduling.
- View Springfield Township Parks and Amenities
- Download Athletic Field Request Form For NEW Athletic Organizations
- Online Field Scheduling For Helwig Park (Baseball and Soccer Games / Practices)
- Online Scheduling for Stephanie Hummer Memorial Park (Soccer Games Only)
- Online Scheduling For Hillside Park (Baseball and Soccer Games / Practices)
Extended Use Field Reservations:
- New organization application required
- Insurance requirement: $100,000 liability insurance policy, listing Springfield Township and the name of the park as additional insureds
- Roster for each team required for applications requesting residency discount
- Athletic fees include field dragging for baseball games (weather dependent) and turf improvements on soccer fields (needs to be determined by Township). Baseball dirt will be added on an as needed basis based on the budget and determined by Springfield Township.
- Online scheduling by coaches
- Team fees due monthly, after play. If we cancel for rain, teams are not charged. Organization must cancel 2 weeks in advance of the scheduled reservation date or they will be charged the full fee for that date.
- Rainout hotline will be provided and maintained for baseball by Springfield Township
Helwig Field 2,3 and 4
Hillside Field 1 & 2
50% or More Residents on Youth Team Roster
Less than 50% Residency on Youth Team Roster
Adult Baseball League
Helwig - Passers Field, best for practices. Fall only
Hillside Field 1 & 2
Grove Peewee Field
50% or More Residents on Team Roster
Less than 50% Residency
Hummer Field 1, 2 & 3 (GAMES ONLY, Unless authorized by Board of Trustees)
50% or More Residents on Team Roster
Less that 50% Residency
Extended Use Field Reservations (continued):
Field reservations are limited to athletic teams for games, practices and camps unless otherwise approved.
Field permits are required for any organized team to play a game or practice on Township fields.
Athletic organizations or organized teams MUST request dates online, enter into a contract agreement, submit the required insurance and be approved before playing on a Township field. Insurance documents must list Springfield Township and the park as additional insureds.
Teams should carry their approved permit while on Township fields and be able to show the permit if requested by a Springfield Township police officer or staff person. A citation with a fine may be issued if the proper permit has not been obtained.
All baseball teams are required to line their fields. Springfield Township conducts all other maintenance of the field. Fields will be dragged in advance of games only. Rainouts will be noted on the calendar for each field.
All soccer teams are required to line their fields. Springfield Township conducts all other maintenance of the field. Rainouts will be noted on the calendar for each field.
Invoices must be paid within 10 days from the date they are issued. Invoices will be sent electronically monthly, following the approved practice or game. (We will bill after play has occurred.) Any unpaid invoices will result in the automatic cancellation of any upcoming field reservations.
Summary of Resolution Prohibiting Use Of Township Athletic Fields Without A Field Reservation PermitThe Board of Trustees of Springfield Township has adopted Resolution No. 53-2012 which prohibits the use of township athletic fields without a Field Permit and establishes civil fines for the violation of this regulation. The following statement is a summary of the resolution. Complete copies of the resolution may be obtained or viewed at the Office of the Fiscal Officer, Springfield Township Administration Building, 9150 Winton Road, Cincinnati, Ohio 45231 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays and the resolution is available on the Springfield Township website.
Resolution No. 53-2012 applies to the majority of athletic fields located in Springfield Township Parks and requires groups of four or more persons to obtain a Field Permit from the township prior to the use of any of the affected fields. A list of the affected parks and fields is posted on the Springfield Township website and signage referencing the reservation requirement is posted in all affected parks. Resolution No. 53-2012 also outlines the enforcement and penalties for violations of the resolution. The resolution consists of the following chapters and sections:
- Section 1 Definitions
- Section 2 Field Permit Required
- Section 3 Field Permit Limitations
- Section 4 Civil Citation and Appeal
- 4.1 Civil Citation Issued
- 4.2 Form Of Civil Citation
- 4.3 Method Of Service
- 4.4 Permissible Answers
- 4.5 Admission Of Guilt
- 4.6 Express Denial Of Violations Charged In Civil Citations - Hand Delivery Of Denial
- 4.7 Express Denial Of Violations Charged In Civil Citations - Mailing Of Denial
- 4.8 Implicit Denial Of Violations
- 4.9 Referral To Municipal Court
- 4.10 Municipal Court Hearings
- 4.11 Payment Of Fine After Determination Of Guilt
- 4.12 Appeal
- Section 5 Penalties And Fines
- 5.1 Violation Penalties
- 5.2 Administrative Fee
- 5.3 Continuing Violations
- Section 6 Abatement And Other Lawful Remedies
- 6.1 Abatement Of Violation
- Section 7 Compliance With Law
- Section 8 Compliance With Reading Requirements
- $100 on the first offense;
- $250 for the second offense;
- $500 for the third offense;
- $750 for the fourth offense; and
- $1,000 for each subsequent offense
Resolution Number 53-2012 becomes effective on August 10, 2012.