Mobile Food Trucks
With the adoption of a new Zoning Resolution, mobile food units, including food trucks, food carts, and food stands are permitted to operate within Springfield Township (per section 10.117 of the Zoning Resolution). A zoning certificate (permit) must be obtained by the operator of the mobile food unit or by the property owner where the mobile food unit will be located prior to its operation.
To download the zoning certificate application (permit) CLICK HERE. Mobile food units are considered to be temporary commercial structures, and the fee for application is $50 per location within the Township. The permit is valid for no more than twelve (12) occurrences on a single parcel per calendar year. An inspection by a Code Enforcement Officer must be completed prior to every operation.
For questions, please call Kathleen Kennedy, Director of Administrative Services at 513-522-1410 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Further requirements below must also be met to operate a Mobile Food Unit within Springfield Township:
- The mobile food unit may be located in one of the following districts: “O” Office District, “B” Business District, “M” Industrial District, “PUD” Planned Unit Development District, or “R” Residential Districts.
- The mobile food unit is located on a lot with another principal structure.
- The mobile food unit is not located in the same lot as another mobile food unit (unless otherwise permitted).
- The mobile food unit is not within 25 feet of a residence (unless otherwise permitted).
- The mobile food unit does not block entrance to and exit from the lot upon which it is situated.
- The mobile food unit does not occupy any required parking spaces.
- The mobile food unit does not block fire hydrants, fire lanes, or the lawful signs of any other business.
- The operator of the mobile food unit has the express written permission of the owner of the property.
- The mobile food unit is in good repair and does not display obscene or graphic images.
- The mobile food unit serves only pedestrians does not offer outdoor seating.
- The mobile food unit operates between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.
- The mobile food unit is licensed by the Hamilton County Health Department (where applicable)
- The mobile food unit has proof of adequate insurance.
- The mobile food unit is in possession of a valid business license.
- The mobile food unit offers trash receptacles for customer use located no more than 10 feet from the unit.
- No more than one (1) sign may be displayed, may not exceed sixteen (16) square feet in display area, and have a maximum of two display faces.
- The mobile food unit has no exterior lighting.
- The mobile food unit generates no excessive noise that is plainly audible at twenty-five (25) feet.
- The mobile food unit is in compliance with the Ohio Fire Code.
The mobile food unit has applied for and received a zoning certificate, which is plainly displayed on the unit, and is operating within the parameters delineated therein.