Brush and Limb Collection
Springfield Township Public Works Staff will remove tree limbs and brush placed neatly at the curb after a service call is placed for pick up. This service is free to all residential and commercial property owners. Weekly pickup service runs April through the first week in November.
Guidelines For Brush Pick Up
Guidelines must be followed. Failure to use these guidelines could prevent service at the residence.
- Residents must call the BRUSH HOTLINE AT 513-728-3860 by Friday at 5 p.m. the week prior to pick up. When calling, residents should speak clearly and leave a message with their name, telephone number, and address for pick up. In most cases, the pick up will occur within 7-12 days, depending upon when the call was placed, weather and staffing. Pick up will generally occur the following Monday morning at 7:00 a.m., so please have brush at the curb by that time.
- Place limbs with the cut edge facing the street in the area between the curb and the sidewalk. To make removal easy, long limbs are preferred. Please do not block the sidewalk or any part of the street. If limbs exceed the length of the right-of-way and reach the sidewalk, place them in the yard area, cut ends facing the street in an orderly row.
- Do not stack or pile limbs. Place them side-by-side. (Cut edge to the road) This makes it easier and safer for the Public Works crews to handle.
- Limbs may be up to but not exceeding, 10 inches in diameter to fit in the opening of the chipping machine.
- Vines and limbs with thorns should be cut into 4 foot lengths, bundled and tied with string (no wire). (Do not bundle or tie other "regular" limbs)
- Please set different types of materials out in separate groups (i.e. limbs in one area, vines, thorns, and logs in another). Our crews do not untangle big piles of various types of material at each residence. Please use your entire road frontage to set the brush out if necessary, and form a second row behind the sidewalk if required.
- Materials in storage containers, rocks, bricks, pipes, wire, fencing material (split rail, wood posts), lumber, grass, leaves, small sticks (smaller than a broomstick) twigs etc., are to be disposed of with your regular trash according to Rumpke’s regulations. Do not leave these materials for Public Works pick up. They will not be taken.
- Logs (over 10 inch in diameter) and ornamental grasses will be picked up on Fridays (weather permitting).